I know this is mainly a bridal blog, but if you look at the grand scheme of things…babies are the next natural step! So, despite the fact that this post has nothing to do with weddings, it has everything to do with babies! If you’re like me (pregnant and extremely overwhelmed), then this post may actually be beneficial to you! Of course, if you were hoping for some cute wedding ideas, I would recommend checking back in a day or two… 😉
Now for those of you who need a little brush up on your junior high science, here are the steps for the “famous” scientific method:
- Ask a Question
- Do Background Research
- Construct a Hypothesis
- Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
- Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
- Communicate Your Results
- Which diaper is better, Huggies or Pampers?
- While registering for baby gifts with my mom last weekend, I noticed that Babies-R-Us promoted Pampers while Target promoted Huggies. From what I’ve heard, they’re both pretty standard diapers. Of course, you’ll have plenty of moms that say one is better than the other. So who to believe?
- I ended up registering for Pampers, thinking that they were the better diaper.
- Once I finally had time to go through my goodie bags from Babies-R-Us and Target, I realized that they had both given me a sample diaper. My mom had this brilliant idea to test which one was better. Thus the science experiment commenced!
- Right away there was an obvious difference between the two! Within seconds, the Huggies diaper began absorbing the 1/2 of liquid that we poured into it. Where as the Pampers slowly began to absorb and eventually stopped leaving a large puddle.
- In order to fully explain the results, we took photos of the two samples. Also, please don’t worry, we used ice tea….I swear, it’s not the real thing (even though it looks grossly similar).